Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Is My Muse Returning?






















Left:  My muse my have returned.  I finished my page I post yesterday.  I added some shading around the birds and flowers using my blue Stabilo All pencil. It is water soluble so it makes it easy to pull out the color with a water brush.  My final touch was another Carolyn Dube idea. She often journals with a white pen using a giant flowing style.  I am really happy how it turned out.  I used a white Sharpie Poster Marker. I had to use it last because it is not water proof.  

Right:  I had leftover paint from the left page so I added it and some left over pieces of the gelli print to the page on the right. I cut ovals and triangles freehand and glued them randomly to a pre-gessoed page. I added the blue paint and then stenciled with homemade stencils & gesso on top of all that. I had no plan, I was just playing around. After it sat over night I decided to add the flowers as a focal point.  I like how pieces of the background peak through the petals. It order to make the flowers pop, I painted the blue around the flowers in a style I'd seen on a Dina Wakley video.  The background was a little boring so I added numbers and letters from my Crafter's Workshop Eye Chart stencil.  When all of that was dry, I outlined my flowers with a Signo Broad Black Gel Pen. 

Link to:  Carolyn Dube, MOO-MANIA number challenge, Art Journal Everyday

3 comments:

  1. Glad your muse has come back! Thanks for linking to Moo Mania and More, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your muse is back for sure!
    Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More Challenges Boo!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another awesome page Boo. Those flowers really do pop from the page and look fabulous against your textured background. Looking forward to more from your muse {{Hugs}} :o))

    ReplyDelete